columnists

Filed under: Ameyaw Debrah, Columnists, Lifestyle, Television

The Next Movie Star goes across West Africa

Nigeria’s most syndicated reality TV series; The Next Movie Star (NMS) can now be viewed on DSTV’s Africa Magic channel.  Since its inception in 2005, NMS has produced three exhilarating seasons, which have seen the show transform from a Nigerian home-grown series into a West African hunt for acting talent.

the_nms_2007_top_six.JPG

The producer of the reality show, Sola Fajobi, says, “The dream is to use NMS as a strategic public relations tool to project Africa’s image positively to the world.” In this season we see 17 housemates from five African countries (Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra-Leone, Liberia and Gambia) competing for the ultimate prize of $5 000, an all-expense paid trip to a European country, and attendance at a major film festival in Europe.

Previous winners of NMS include Portia Yahmana (2006), who starred in the movie ‘Black Friday‘, nominated for a 2007 African Movie Academy Award; Enoch Hammond (2007), who has been a rallying figure for many young actors in his home country, Ghana. The likes of Tonto Wigo Dike, Annie Macaulay, Moyo Lawal, Kingsley Ogboso, Kevin Chuwang Pam, Uti Nwachukwu from Big Brother Africa 3, and Adesewa Ogunleyimu, amongst others, are all products of the success of the Next Movie Star and are thriving in the African movie and entertainment industry.

Share to Google Plus

• Send to a Friend

Email to a Friend

38 Responses to “The Next Movie Star goes across West Africa”

• daniel edogbo says:

January 25th, 2009 at 10:41 am

nice programme. how can i be a part of the show?

• NDHLOVU ISAAC says:

January 27th, 2009 at 1:44 am

NMS is a nice initiative, when are you extending to central Africa?I am a Zambian Soap actor.
    Keep it ablaze….

ISAAC
    ZAMBIA

• mufida halidu salifu says:

January 31st, 2009 at 1:58 am

Please tell me the date for the audition in Ghana here.i can’t wait to join the house.please let me know.please this is my number 0233242655814.

• Ron Lavey says:

February 16th, 2009 at 10:15 pm

What do you think about giving the winners a role in a film with WestHam Films in Los Angeles.
    cheers.
    Ron Lavery.

• Matthews Chukwuka says:

May 5th, 2009 at 2:01 am

Pls do send me the audition date and venue in Nigeria. Thanks and congratulations to all those who have eve made it into the House.

• Kevin 'ighal' ikhine says:

May 17th, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Yo word up! Shouts out 2 jamati n my 9ja piple. It ur boy Ighal checkin’ in 4 d next movie star audition, pls keep me posted. Hola

• Atom hemen says:

July 18th, 2009 at 12:18 pm

hello,
    i’ll be happy if am also invited/notifield when the audition kick up. am Atom hemen.from benue state.schooling in maid
    never mind the distance.07063219108,07055075354
    or samatom2003@yahoo.com.thats ma contact
    pls keep me in touch
    thanks
    Hemen

• Atom hemen says:

July 18th, 2009 at 12:21 pm

also pls do sent me de audition date, venue,tanx ooo i cant wait 2 b a part of dis……………..
    hala

• Pius says:

August 6th, 2009 at 6:43 pm

Pls i want 2 know wen d next audition wil start i am interested my no is 08035582987

• Joyce says:

August 10th, 2009 at 10:39 pm

Nice concept, nice initiative. I knw i’ve got what it takes to be among the housemates this year, please i wouldnt mind if am notified about the registrations and the auditions, nothing seems to be in the website, my phone no. 07030089299

• Alabi Segun says:

September 2nd, 2009 at 7:18 am

Nice initiative, i’ve searched this site for the registration of [NMS] but i didnt see any, i knw i’ve got all it take to be among the housemate this year, pls i will like to be notified about the regitration and audition pls, my no is. [07061527691]. I will very happy if i’m be choosen as an housemate.

• abaki victoria says:

September 9th, 2009 at 5:32 am

pls i want to be notified about the registration and audition.

• Prince Mac Donald says:

October 9th, 2009 at 3:07 am

I think the next movie Star is a daring show, and i say great kudos to the brains behind it… I pray to participate one day…. dream big

• adams aminat says:

October 14th, 2009 at 3:13 pm

pls i will like to know d channel dat shows next movie star on nigeria channel or on dstv.
    thanks as i await ur reply

• chioma says:

October 27th, 2009 at 1:15 am

please i will like to be informed about the audition,i don’t know if its late now because I’ve been searching for the registration page.please this is my number 07065998010.i will be pleased if I’ll be chosen as one of the house-mates.

• daniella micheal says:

November 12th, 2009 at 1:29 am

plz notify me when d registration dates are out. tanks 07039583349

• Orue Julius says:

December 1st, 2009 at 4:01 pm

Pls notify me once the registration form is out, 08060216614 thanks.

• priscilla says:

December 7th, 2009 at 12:50 pm

kevin chuwang pam wins bba revolution

• francess ekwu says:

May 2nd, 2010 at 11:54 pm

pls get me inform on the next movie star.. wil want to be part of it…. 08074520900 francess247@yahoo.com..#
    thanks…

• fredrick Umoinyang says:

May 31st, 2010 at 1:57 pm

pls keep me posted on the registration details for the next movie star,cos I’d love 2 b a part of it…….+2348054187193

• nancy says:

June 29th, 2010 at 9:35 am

pls i want to know when the audition for the next movie star will take place in ghana.cuz i will love to be part of it,my number is +22241450841 and email adress is nancybonna@yahoo.com

• sophia says:

July 6th, 2010 at 7:11 am

Hi pls let me know when de audition will take place in nigeria.08032663086

• lawal moradeke says:

July 10th, 2010 at 1:06 am

hello, pls i will like 2 know when d auditon will take place in nigeria. pls keep me informed.08066306519

• sam says:

July 10th, 2010 at 11:23 am

i will love to know when the next movie star takes place
    07089502282 is my cell number

• Vivian osade says:

July 28th, 2010 at 12:39 am

I want to be part of this year talent hurt,pls keep in touch,07037791509

• Agbaje oluwakemi says:

August 5th, 2010 at 6:07 am

Pls keep me posted on where and when the next movie star audition will take place for 2010 in nigeria……07062163950.thank u

• Agbaje oluwakemi says:

August 5th, 2010 at 6:21 am

Pls let me know when and where the next movie star audition will take place in nigeria for 2010.thank u……07062163950

• cindy says:

September 6th, 2010 at 9:51 am

hw can i be part of the show please…i love it.

• ayotunde says:

January 2nd, 2011 at 8:48 am

pls do send me wen your audition will commence in this year 07065942357

• NORA AKUEGBO says:

February 21st, 2011 at 3:43 am

i ve been longing to be part of this tv reality show,am a Nigerian and would loved to be part of the 2011 NEXTMOVIE STAR.Iwill really appreciate it if i can be informed when the registration starts.this is my no 08036823004

• ESTHER ASARE says:

March 20th, 2011 at 4:15 pm

i ve been longing to be part of this tv reality show,am a ghana but live in the united states and would loved to be part of the 2011 NEXTMOVIE STAR or the audition.I will really appreciate it if i can be informed when the registration starts.this is (001)5712516244

• Valeen Oseh says:

April 18th, 2011 at 1:56 pm

I?ve been searching for the registration form but have not seen any,do intimate me about it when the time comes cos i’ll love to participate actively,this is my no 07064829572

• Abigael Princela Denteh says:

June 11th, 2011 at 8:37 am

Hi,my name is Abigael.am a third year student of central university college in Ghana.plesae i really have the passion for acting.please help me connected.let me know when its time for audition.here is my no 0246862678 and id dentehabigael@yahoo.com.thanks so much

• Kingley says:

September 4th, 2011 at 11:42 am

hi, am happy to meet this site and the great things there in. Mean while am a comedian and an upcoming actor, my stage name is kellyunit. am also a public speaker based on transforming the mind set of the youth. presently i live in enugu state nigeria, i will like u to help me in my acting proffesion, and others. plz this is my umber 07038398359, 08027445964 or divinelove4king@gmail.com thanks

• Shola vicky says:

September 5th, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Hi, i’ve been dreamin 2 be part of d next movie star reality show, & am optimistic dat my dream ‘ll com 2 past dis year ‘cos d passion i’ve 4 NMS is superb. Pls let me know where and when d Next movie star audition will take place in Nigeria? Here is my no 08062822579 thnk’s.

• TIMI BOUSINE says:

September 16th, 2011 at 4:25 am

Hi,what a life on next movie star reality show,i’m very happy 2 see this site online.Pls let me know where and when d next movie star audition will take place in Nigeria?pls i school in cotonou dis is my no +22998226880 thanks………

• chika says:

October 11th, 2011 at 3:46 am

Please I would like to know when the next edition of the next movie star africa coming up

• Kiki George says:

May 2nd, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Pls i’ve it in me, so keep me info as it come’s up pls…. It’s a previllage 4 me. I’ll apreaciate it. My num:+2348181917110. Tanks nd remain bless….